22 February 2006

Saying Goodbye to Daddy


Though Brian hasn't left country yet, we did say our goodbye's to him yesterday (the 21st-and side note, today the 22nd is our 12th anniversary). We will not get to see him again until he comes home for two weeks on R&R (it looks like September). The ceremony was very nice, and after it was over we had about 2 1/2 hours to visit, then it was time for us to go home (the farewell was about a 3 hour drive from here). Though it was rough and some tears were shed, we are all doing fine. Now we will just stay in touch with Dad as best we can, in part by sending lots of carepackages, and we will be praying all the time. I have posted a bunch more pictures again on the website of the last 3 days with dad here. The website again:

http://www.msnusers.com/PilchFamilyPhotos

In the one with us all eating you will see our good friends Tina and Eric. You may also notice another "new" face. That is my best friend Julie. She arrived two days ago and has thankfully been here to help us get through this time. She has been a great help, good company and wonderful distraction.

In the pictures of the ceremony, Brian is impossible to find... except for the one where Tristan is waving... look into the fuzzy background and you will see Daddy waving back. The bazzillion of pictures of Avery during the ceremony are of her making funny faces at Julie. The one of Avery in the pink shirt is not so great, but it was the evening of her ONE MONTH "birthday" (can you BELIEVE IT????) and I had almost forgotten to take a picture. She was hungry and fussy but I had to get the one month (and thanks again Laura). The last pic's I want to mention are of Tristan and Keagan sleeping in the bed. That was the last night Brian was home (we had the beds rearranged because Julie was here). Keagan had never done this before, but after Tristan had gone to sleep, he crept in and laid down next to him, then fell asleep too. I thought it was adorable.

Well, I hope your days are sunny and bright and when you think of it, I would appreciate some prayers for my husband. Thanks so much!

--Meghan

1 comment:

RFamily said...

Not prayers for just Brian, but for all of you! Hang in there Meghan. You're a very strong woman and with the help of the kids, this time will go by fast.