
From the title, you know we still have sick among us. Actually Tristan has made an almost full recovery. He has no fever, but still has a runny nose and cough. Keagan also has no fever anymore, and also still a runny nose and cough. Poor Sammi has a runny nose, cough, sneezes and a fever of about 102 when the meds run out. Thankfully Avery is doing fine and I am too, so far.
The picture you see is of a knight and a dragon that my son Tristan drew for his father (it will be going out in the birthday package we send on Tuesday). I am posting it not only to share with all of you, but to share more in particular with our friend Julie. She bought him the big poster board to draw it on and all she wanted was a picture to see it... so Julie there you are. I think Tristan is a marvelous artist!
Avery has gotten too big to sleep in the little contraption I bought for her to sleep in next to the bed (not quite a bassinet). So, today I am putting her in her crib for every nap time ('till now she has only slept in there three times), so it wont be a shock to her for bed tonight. I am hoping I can do it tonight. I love to look at her at night to make sure she is okay, and now I'll have to go all the way across the hall! I may break down and put her in the contraption tonight anyway. she can fit, she just can't stretch out. I'm selfish I know... I'll try the crib.
I don't have much to post about Keagan and Sammi today, they are pretty much resting and trying to recover. Poor Sammi really got the sickest out of them all, she is just miserable. She doesn't even like Gatorade (I bought 4 flavors to try) and she is not eating really well, but she is drinking a lot of water. I have been making her favorite food to try and get her to eat, and she does... but only a few bites. Keagan is recovering by pretty much sleeping. He has gone to bed REALLY early (one night it was around 5pm) and sleeps all night and takes short naps. Hopefully we will be done with all this sickness on Monday and have a somewhat normal week.
Brian emailed, I am not sure if I put this in the last post or not (and I am too lazy to check before I post this) but he is at FOB Union III in Iraq. He is not sure if they will be staying there or not. He is doing well. He got a haircut from a young Iraqi kid the other day and he says it was probably the best cut he has ever had. The kid charged 1 dollar, Brian payed him 2.
Other than the sickness, we are all actually doing really well, in good spirits and finally getting into a routine. Everyone is less sensitive and there are a lot more smiles going around. We talk about Daddy everyday, but it doesn't make anyone cry anymore. We just talk about how we miss him and love him, though we could do without his stinky feet...lol! Everyone proudly wears a yellow ribbon pin everyday and Sammi of course wears her locket with a picture of Daddy in it. So while he is certainly not forgotten and is always on our minds, we have finally gotten down to the business of adjusting. We REALLY look forward to seeing him again for R&R sometime in September.

1 comment:
Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. The boys got that too, Zachary the worst. My heart breaks for you guys. I know it's not easy with Brian being gone. You're a strong woman Meghan and you'll do great at keeping the family "sane" while he's away. The next 6 months will go by extremely fast for you!
Post a Comment