06 December 2006

Messy Girl, Messy Life


Hello, hello! I do not have much to share so this will likely be short. Unbelievably, things are slowing down around here. I got so much holiday stuff done early that I don't have a lot to do right now. We put up our X-Mas and Hanukkah decorations FINALLY on Dec. 1st. Usually we do it the day after thanksgiving, but I wanted to do a detailed cleaning first (although house is a mess again). I LOVE LOVE LOVE X-Mas decorations! For those of you that haven't heard it, one of my many corny jokes is this: I was looking for the first red-headed Christian that would marry me. Why? So I could have red-headed babies and be able to put up X-Mas decorations. I SOOOOOO do NOT love love love X-Mas songs however... YUCK. Sorry to sound all bah-humbug, but they annoy me. I do enjoy the kid songs though, and I DO LOVE LOVE LOVE Adam Sandler's Hanukkah song! Anyway, all I have left to do for x-mas is finish wrapping the kids gifts... yeah for me! Oh and in a few more days I will be getting a live tree (not too soon, 'cause then I'll kill it before x-mas).

Update on kids: Tristan is a little bored I think without soccer in his life, but he'll manage. He (in conjunction with Brian and I) decided not to do boy scouts anymore. His troop assigns a lot of homework and he already gets a lot of school assigned homework. So scouts had just become stressful for him, not a fun extracurricular activity. He is much more relaxed now. Samantha is still enjoying Girl Scouts. Her troop does A LOT of fun stuff, educational, sensible and fun, and they get little to no work they have to do at home. Most to all of their work is done during the meeting. Keagan is my little helper. While the big kids do homework (his teacher doesn't believe in assigning homework), he helps me do stuff around the house or "babysits" Avery so I can clean or whatever. Avery is a walker with four teeth. The top two came in almost at same time. To me her whole face has changed from these new teeth.

Ah and bedtimes have changed around here. After some tweeking and adjustments based on a suggestion from my friend Julie: Tristan and Sam go to bed at 2030, Keagan at 2000, and Avery between 1900-1930. This has all but eliminated evening stress and yelling AND since we now have more time to prepare for the morning (make school lunches, layout clothes) the morning goes much better too! I am always looking for ways to make life/parenting better, so any suggestions any of you may have, I am all ears!

Hmph, well now this was longer than I though. Turns out Meghan CAN talk a lot about nothing (and she loves Seinfeld too)!

I hope someone tweeks your day with a brilliant idea!

2 comments:

RFamily said...

I love those messy faces! I know what you mean about the face changing. Ellie lost the "baby" look when she got her teeth. Doesn't help that she walks, and climbs, into everything. And, much like Christian was, nothing is child proof for her! We went to the dentist the other day and they gave all of us toothpaste. Well, Ellie was holding on to it in the carseat, and when Christian decided to not watch her anymore, she unscrewed the top, took the little paper that was "protecting" the toothpaste and squeezed it all over EVERYTHING!!! Chrstian flipped out and told me to pull over because she was a huge mess. It was a good thing we were close to home cause she went straight into the tub.

Sorry about the book! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few months!

Seriousness Gone said...

Yup we will be seeing you at the end of April! I am so ready to get outta here (but I'll be honest not a big fan of Missery). Glad we'll know some people there rfamily and I do look forward to meeting Eliana. Oh and I like long responses so no worries!