23 April 2007

Like the new look? Comments Welcome

Hey Guys!!! New and "improved" around here. I am a big fan of green so I changed it to a green look. I updated the picture page so go check out those pictures at:

http://www.msnusers.com/PilchFamilyPhotos

I have more to add, but there is only so much roomo. So in a few weeks I will delete the old and add new. Anyway:

We are in Missouri! We went to Universal Resort in orlando Florida for three days in route from germany to here. We had a GREAT time!!!! We met my brother Michael and his friend Shawn down there and they were good company and a great help with the kids. Brian and I even got to go on a few rides together! THANKS GUYS!!! Brian got the entrance tickets for free while he was in Iraq from a church... THANKS CHURCH!!! Brian is going to send them a letter with some pictures thanking them it was awsome!!! AND the government had to fly us here, so when we went to go get the tickets, we just asked for a 5 day layover in Atlanta (closest they could get us to Orlando) SO, we didn't pay for the airfare either. Anyway it was an absolutely FABULOUS time. Poor Sammi got sick the first day, but she was a trooper and managed to have some fun anyway (look at the pic's it is the day she is in orange with ponytails). Anyway, I just can't say enough how great it was. On the last day of the vacation we went to the NASA space museum. I think the entry fee is slightly overpriced, but it was a wonderful place to get the imaginations of the kids going and we all enjoyed ourselves.

Other than that we are trying to settle into our home. Our stuff is not here and we just found out today it may be as late as 22 may before our household goods get here... YIKES!!! BUT we are actually enjoying the minimalistic lifestyle we currently have. Our vehicle will likely be here by the end of the week. ALSO, my mother and father-in-law live about 1 1/2 hours away and we are hopefully going to be seeing them very soon!

The kids started school of friday. As we thought the school system here is ahead of what the kids were doing in Germany. Tristan and Sammi are only slightly behind, but poor Keagan... in his class here they are already writing short stories and full on reading. I told the teacher what Keagan's class in germany was doing when we left, she sweetly told me that is what her classroom was doing in October of last year. Ah well, Keagan Monster is a little smarty pants, so i am sure he will work it out.

okay I gotta go pick up kids from school!!!

expect more update soon (next instalment will be about my CA-RA-ZY neighbors...LOL)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to lost in the woods Missouri! We're glad you're here, although we haven't seen you yet. I need to be heading up to FLW soon, so I'll call you and see if we can get together.

BTW...I'm diggin' the new look! Talk to you soon.

Seriousness Gone said...

Hey Steph,

It took awhile for the phone to work because of line trouble and we have been busy. things are slowing down...maybe I'll give you a ring today WATCH OUT...LOL. We have no wheels though. I am glad you dig my new diggs...lol.