30 October 2006

In the Pink and Halloween Prep



Hello Friends and family, the candy holiday is almost upon us. Normally I only let my children have 2 pieces of candy on Halloween, but this year I am going CA-RA-ZY. I am going to give them some fruit and mac -n-cheese for dinner then I am going to let them eat as much candy as they want when we come home... yes I have lost my mind! Above there are a sort of "before" and "after" shots. The picture on the left is the drawing that I, Tristan, Samantha and Keagan did of what we wanted our pumpkin to look like. On the right are the actual pumpkins with the artists (minus myself). My inspiration was Avery since my pumpkin is so happy, has one bottom tooth and a nub where a tooth will surely break through soon. I actually allowed Tristan and Samantha to carve their own pumpkins, with the proper tools not big ole knives. They also gutted them and separated the seeds from the pulp. Then we roasted the seeds, YUM! Keagan was not allowed to carve his creation, but I encouraged him to get out the pulp and seeds. He tried for a little bit but then decided it felt too icky!!! LOL. If you go to the picture page:

http://www.msnusers.com/PilchFamilyPhotos

you can see an upclose picture of each pumpkin. I actually tried to add a bunch more pictures, but I am having problems with the page. I emailed "them" so we will see what happens. Oh and if you click on the picture page and get "Hmmm, we can't find that page" as a message, just hit refresh. I think that problem is why I am having trouble downloading pics...we will see!

On the 28th the Girl Scouts had a Breast Cancer Awareness event. A doctor came to talk to us and we went on a walk on post. On my pic page there are two pictures of us walking. The doc who came told the kids/adults to remind people to do self exams. So we were on the walk and passed a woman we know videotaping the "parade" of people. Tristan ran up to her and said "Stacey! Stacey! you need to do a self exam!!!" She said "WHAT!?!?!?!" and I had to quickly explain, I thought she was about to faint...LOL. Meanwhile she caught it all on camera...lol... though she wan't laughing, all of us who had been to the event were. Well, I hope to have pictures of the kids in their costumes posted sometime this week, so check back again.

Oh one final piece of news. It was officially approved...we ARE moving to missouri on April 15th! Just found out Friday. I am a little excited, a little bit nervous, and a little bit sad. I am glad I have something to really keep me busy until Brian comes home. I have a ton of SH** to go through in this house before we move.

Well folks, I am off to get some more work done. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have kept all your fingers preparing for Halloween!

2 comments:

RFamily said...

YEAH!!!!! We'll be waiting for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I concur with Laura... for those of us with no life of our own, we live vicariously through others. So frequent posting is best.

Funny to think Avery and Katie are only about a month and a half apart. Katie now has both of her bottom front teeth. I notice the things about Avery because of the age. That green and pink flamingo outfit Avery had (matching hat). Katie had it too. Oh, and in one of the early pics, there was this caterpillar toy with different sections and googly eyes...Katie has it too. It was Dylan's and before that my godson's. I'm betting yours was Tristans first. Just funny stuff I notice.
Anyway, take care and keep posting!