14 January 2006

Something IS Happening

Well, I went to the Doctor's to get another CTG (which there were two good contractions and baby is doing quite well). Tina and I pressed our point as to why the baby needed to come sooner than later: I have the gestational diabetes, tomorrow is my due date, dad can't come home after Tuesday, childcare is easiest this weekend. We had asked if they could do the gel today, but they said it was too late in the day. However, not all is lost. They scheduled me to come in tomorrow at 7am and they will give me not one but FOUR doses of gel throughout the day tomorrow. They said with it being my fourth, the first one ought to do the trick and put me straight into labor. The bad news is, because it is my fourth, once they give me the gel, they will NOT allow me to go home and labor here (in the states they do allow you to go home). I have to pace the halls at the hospital while in labor, something I have never been keen on doing. That's okay, beggars can't be choosers. What will really suck is periodically I will need to lay down and be monitored by the CTG and laying down while I am having contractions is just miserable for me, I prefer to be moving. Again, beggars can't be choosers. So unless my body just REALLY doesn't want to cooperate, we will have a new clan member by the end of Sunday (or early Monday)!!! Yippie! Now that I know the time is coming, I am so nervous... is that natural? hahahaha. In my wildest dreams, I will actually be in labor on my own today... who knows stranger things have happened.

I can not call long distance with my cell phone (which is all I will have) but if you would like to call me and see if the baby has been born etc. etc., email me and I will happily send you my cell phone number. It can be expensive though. Otherwise, I will be so happy with the news that as soon as I get home I will post a message. So for now, I am signing off, I really hope you don't hear from me again for a few days as I am hopeful tomorrow will work out wonderfully!!! Thanks so much for all of your kind, funny words, messages of support and thanks for stopping in.

This is Meghan... signing out until I am a mother of four (I hope!!!).

3 comments:

RFamily said...

I can't wait to hear about baby #4! Best of luck this weekend and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU and your new daughter!

Anonymous said...

WOW, how exciting!? I am sure you wish you would have went in earlier. I bet Tina is so excited. I knew they would do it. Yes, it is normal to be nervous....remember I thought I was going to die!! I hope that Brian can make it back in time!!! Alright, good luck and talk to you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meghan.... I'm sure everything will be okay! I'm very excited for you (Happy Birthday) and very SOON it's ~CONGRATULATIONS~ I'm glad to hear that your friend Tina is beside you to help all she can through your long days of awaiting labor.
A Shout out to Tina... whatever you do- DON'T LET MEGHAN NEAR a BATH TUB- LOL. ...It's safer that way!