09 January 2006
Doctor's Appointment Was Eventful
Well, hello again and welcome. I had an appointment today with my "blood" doctor, so I thought I would have little baby news... I was wrong. The appointment went well and since I am doing so well with my diet, while I still have to check my blood, I do not need to see him again until after the baby is born. I have to check to make sure the diabetes went away and then he suggested I get checked every year thereafter. Anyway, after the appointment he told me to go down and have a CTG (a non-stress test in the states) which monitors baby's movement, heart beat and any contractions. During the 45 minute watch, I had 11 contractions, that was a little exciting. I am sure they are all practice, as they are not any stronger now (and it has been a couple of hours), but it was neat to see and they are hopefully doing something. Additionally, they did an ultrasound because though they didn't tell me, at my last ultrasound it was shown that there was less than the "desired amount" of amniotic fluid. So, I got to see her (and her privates) one more time. That was nice. Oh and the amniotic fluid is the same as it was last time. Then they checked my cervix (and a nurse was nice enough to take Keagan out of the room for that, since I bring him to all the appointments), I am 1 cm dilated (whoopee...not) though I am almost completely effaced, which is great. Also, since the baby is not moving as much and there is the slight decrease of fluid, I now get to have an appointment EVERY DAY until she is born. I will post after the appointments. Oh and there is ONE MORE piece of info. Today's doctor said that if I have not gone into labor on my own, on the actual due date they will induce me. I figured it would be the Friday before or the Monday after since my due date is on Sunday. I was wrong they do induce on the weekends. So, unless another doctor determines otherwise, I am betting this little girl will make her appearance on Jan 15th, the day before my 33rd birthday. Well, thanks for stopping by and so you know, I AM still having contractions, they just aren't any stronger. My appointment is at 1000 tomorrow and I will post when I get back. Hope you have a GRAND day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yippee...there's goimg to be a baby soon!!! What a great b-day present for you!
Yes, a fabulous birthday present indeed. I'll just be really happy and finally relax when I am at home with all four of my babies! And I hoping the doc's don't change their minds again!
2B2GDone the 14th works for me! Nice test rodfather, we hear you loud and clear! Thanks for stopping in!
You were due on the 15th and came on the 16th. Your grandmother Teggart never told us before the day you were born, but her mother had been buried on her 7th birthday, which was also Jan 16th. She finally had something to be happy about on her bday once you, her first grandchild, were born. I think this baby will have to come on the 16th, too, so that she will have really good reasons to be happy that day.
Loveyabye,
Mom
PS: who is Rodfather?
Curious mom
Hello from Ohio, or as Lainey calls it hiho hiho!!! So, if I have to guess I will say hmmmmmm well, the 12th!! That is my final answer.. Meghan, I miss and love you and I hope you have a wonderful delivery (as wonderful as they can be!!) I would say painless but who am I kidding..
You guys are so funny. I need to remeber to check these older posts, as I normally just check the most recent. To my nosey mom (just kidding) Rod Father is just that, my Rod father... Brian's dad. Nikki you are not the only one here from hiho, so you are in good company. I actually do NOT want a painless labor, as then I will end up delivering at home....hahahaha. So I am hoping for a painful-enough-I-know-I-need-to-get-my-butt-to-the-delivery-room labor and delivery. Thanks for the well wishes!
Post a Comment